Where do you want to be in ten years?
I work with patients and their families to help them maintain and improve their health. I do not consider “getting old” or “just live with it” to be a plan for continued health and well being.
- Plan for ten years.
I am a health care planner who, like a financial planner, has the big picture of your overall health in mind. My goal is always for you to remain healthy ten years out.
- Look at options and find a better, easy-to-reach goal.
Genetics, epigenetics (how the genes are expressed), lifestyle, stresses, exposures, diet, exercise, all of these play a part in a ten-year plan. But the goal of each individualized plan is to generate easy compliance. We need to work together to make a program for you that you can follow without resorting to disciplining yourself.
- Address current concerns, looking out ten years.
If you have a current complaint or group of complaints, we need to address that concern now and into the future. Rather than overcoming symptoms with drugs, I acknowledge and work with the body’s ability to heal. I treat the whole person, not just the illness. Under my care, people take responsibility for their own health and happiness.
Toether, we can improve your overall quality of life.
There are three areas that I have uncommon success.
1) Multiple symptoms that don’t match a specific diagnosis. Rather than treating three diseases, we need to treat one whole process.
2) A real second opinion. Unless your doctor has told you about functional medicine, Chinese medicine, and Ayurvedic medicine, you haven’t gotten the whole picture of treatment options.
3) Chronic pain that defies diagnosis. If you have pain, but lack visible organic illness, it is likely that your current doctors think that pain is mental rather than physical. My own view is that the body holds and maintains physical pain as a response to chronic stress.
Here are links to specific diagnoses and my thoughts on them. These give a sense of how I think about illness. These links will take you to my blog.
If you have a general question about an illness, I answer questions when I’m able on Quora.
Look at the summaries and abstracts on over sixty illnesses at my old site.